Nov 30, 2011

..of Hellen Keller



Name: Helen Adams Keller
Birth: June 27, 1880
Death: June 1, 1968
Birthplace: Tuscumbia, Alabama
Star Sign: Cancer


I've always been impressed each time I heard anything of her. She was just...incredible. Nuff said.


Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow

I can see, and that is why I can be happy, in what you call the dark, but which to me is golden. I can see a God-made world, not a manmade world.

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.

I seldom think about my limitations, and they never make me sad. Perhaps there is just a touch of yearning at times; but it is vague, like a breeze among flowers.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

It is hard to interest those who have everything in those who have nothing

Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there's a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see.

Love is like a beautiful flower which I may not touch, but whose fragrance makes the garden a place of delight just the same.

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.

People do not like to think. If one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant.


No comments:

Post a Comment